Dog Grooming Terms & Conditions
1. The owner agrees that the dog is fit and healthy. Grooming of sick or elderly dogs is entirely at the owner’s risk. Grooming may expose underlying skin or health problems that we cannot be held liable for. You must notify us of any changes whatsoever before each groom is undertaken.
2. We reserve the right not to accept a dog that presents risk of injury to itself or our staff.
3. Any pre-existing coat or health conditions of your dog will be discussed, if you have any shampoo you prefer to be used you should supply this at your own expense for us to use during the groom.
4. DE-MATTING POLICY – Removal of matting is essential in the treatment and prevention of hotspots and sores, fungal and bacterial infections, yeast infections, flea infestations, moist eczema, mites and lice, maggot infestation, urine and faeces scalding, eye and ear infections, severe itching, scratching and redness. We reserve the right to de-matt and shave the coat very short in order to properly groom a severely affected coat. This treatment is not routine and your dog may look very different afterwards with the hair being very short and close to the skin. This may expose pre-existing skin complaints. We will, seek the owner’s consent before carrying out such procedures.
5. STYLE – Every effort will be made to groom your dog to meet your expectations. It must be made clear however, that no guarantee can be made in this regard, and we accept no responsibility for a groom carried out according to your instructions, but not to your visual expectations. Records are kept in order to track progress and it may take several grooming sessions for the coat to grow to your desired style.
6. SAFETY – Whilst in our care, all dogs are treated with the utmost care and attention. We will ensure your dog is safe and secure and we only use superior quality products. We will not continue a groom on a dog that becomes severely anxious or aggressive. We recommend owners having dog insurance.
7. It may be necessary for us to use a muzzle on your dog for its own safety and that of the groomer. We carry a selection of comfortable, various sized muzzles, which allow your dog to breathe normally and drink if necessary. A muzzle serves to both calm the dog and prevent damage or injury.
8. We supply dog bowls and fresh water to prevent dogs becoming dehydrated.
9. CANCELLATIONS – We understand that sometimes it is necessary for customers to cancel an appointment, however in recognition of the fact that we may be unable to fill the appointment at very short notice; customers are liable for surcharge payment of the grooming session for late cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice. We ask that you make any cancellation as far ahead as possible.
10. COSTS – Estimation costs can be provided at the time of booking but these will be subject to reassessment of the dog on the day. Some cost adjustment, with owner’s agreement, may be necessary in respect of the dog’s size, coat condition and the style and time required. All payments must be made in full upon return of your dog. We accept cash and card payments.
11. The owner agrees for photographs of their dog to be taken and used on the Murphys Dog Grooming website and Social Media.
12. We respect your confidentiality and will not share your details without your prior consent. As our dog grooming are tailored for each individual dog, we don’t advertise prices on our website, but we can give you a quote as soon as you have contacted us.